Thursday, January 24, 2013

3.10 Teen Dreamin'

HOLY FRAPPLES! Have . . . Have I really not updated this in SIX MONTHS?! *falls over from shock* That was definitely not intended. I guess I got really caught up in playing ISBI, when I've been in the mood to play Sims. BUT!! The Pollinations are now ready for their triumphant return!

Just a warning, two-thirds of the pictures for this update were taken 6 months ago soooooo . . . I may or may not remember why I took them. It'll be an adventure for the both of us! :D . . . 

RECAP - Our current heiress is Bellatrix Pollination, daughter of Overlord Commander #6 and Cassiopeia Pollination. Her LTW is to become a Superstar Actor, which is to reach the top of the Acting career as well as be a 5-star celebrity. Her husband is the wonderfully blue Torangee alien, Centarus Pollination. His LTW is Illustrious Author, max the Writing and Painting skills respectively. 

Their only children are a set of twin sons, Castor--who takes after his father in appearance--and Pollux--who takes after his mother. Castor is a Neurotic Couch-Potato who is also a Great-Kissing Mooch. Meanwhile Pollux is a Disciplined, Natural-Born Performer Genius and Slob. Both boys spent their childhood growing close to their Imaginary Friends. Once they hit teen stage, Castor was able to turn his IF Jelly Bean real thanks to a rainbow gem and a science facility opportunity. She's now a full-fledged member of the household, a Dramatic, Eco-Friendly, Party-Animal-ing Couch-Potato.

We'll open up today's long-overdue chapter with Castor and Jelly Bean. Couch Potatoes that they are, they can frequently be found on said couch. Castor looks like he's deep in thought there . . . whatcha pondering there, buddy?

CASTOR -  Prom is coming up real soon. I managed to get my first kiss from Jelly Bean last chapter, but we're not actually dating yet. I'll need to seal the deal if I want to have a date for prom . . . .

JB - Mmmmm . . . cake . . . . 



Castor wastes no time. After Jelly Bean is finished with her sugary treat, he goes for the plunge of BF-GF status.



Success. Wall-Cherub approves of this kiss.



Meanwhile . . . poor Pollux is still slaving away at the chemist table trying to learn the Metamorphium potion. His IF, Patches, watches him dutifully. Unfortunately he keeps blowing himself up more than he actually discovers anything. Where the heck is that Genius trait, Polle?



But enough of that because . . . SEVEN!!! <3 He's still so CUTE.



Finally, I took pity on Pollux and sent Super Dog Comet out to go find us a rainbow gem. Prom was coming up soon (like, tomorrow in-game soon) and there wasn't a moment to waste. Comet did not disappoint us. ^_^



POLLUX - Yay I can have a girl-friend now! Chug it, Patches! Chug! Chug! Chug!

CASTOR - . . . watch it bro, your desperation is showing.

POLLUX - Stfu. ;_; 



*Ridiculously Long Time Later . . . *

Oh . . . oh my . . . . I approve.



So does Pollux. He wastes no time laying on the charm now that they can flirt.



POLLUX - I-I think you're the prettiest girl in the whole wide world. *herp*

PATCHES - Awww, that's so sweet!



Pollux + Patches romantic spam GO!







First kiss is successful!



And since Prom is tomorrow, Pollux also wastes no time in securing official dating status. Patches is all too happy to accept.





Now an official member of the household, Patches' stats are as follows ; She's an Absent-Minded Light Sleeper who is Family Oriented and also a Party-Animal. Her favorite music is Kids, her favorite food is Falafel and her favorite color is Aqua.

At this point I am in major <3 with Patches' genetics. I'm trying not to play favorites with her and Pollux buuuuut . . . in case it does happen, sorry in advance. XD



Six and Cassi's bedroom is redone for the IFs. Nothing much different except they get 2 single beds instead of a double because that would be . . . awkward . . . .



Jelly Bean and Patches' first day of school! Good luck girls!

POLLUX - Why doesn't Patches want to sit with me? :(

Don't be clingy, sweetie.  



OHAI Bellatrix! Nice for the heiress of this generation to, you know, actually get some screen time . . . At this point she's reached level 8 of her career I think, which is Supporting Actress. She's come a long way from those early days of Orphan Annie productions. I imagine her playing the Mad Scientist Villain in some TV series. :P Bellatrix is also 4 out of 5 stars for her celeb status at this point too. She's only got a week or so left in her life bar before she turns elder, hopefully I can still manage to pull off her LTW . . . .



Ok, enough of that heiress business. BACK TO THE TEENAGERS! . . . ahem.

After school it was time for Prom! Pollux and Patches manage to stand next to each other for a very cute shot before the limo arrives.



Jelly Bean also manages to pose properly (in front of the maid-mobile, classy), unfortunately her boyfriend is a slow-poke.



Castor barely made it outside in time to make the limo, let alone a picture beforehand. I decided at this point to give him a new hairstyle. I decided that moppy-headed look wasn't doing him any favors. If you've got pointed ears, after all, flaunt 'em. ^_^



It's been so long now I can't even begin to remember what happened with them at Prom, but I'm guessing nothing bad since both couples are still going strong. Also, from lack of crowns, I'm guessing none of them won Prom King or Queen, either. So instead, the pictures are shown off with the bouquets both boys gave the girls upon turning real.

Castor and Jelly Bean. 



Pollux and Patches.

Note both boys are in the 'b*tch' position. This is wholly accurate.



Later that night, Castor's midnight snack was interrupted by Grandpa Six.

CASTOR - Meep! Ghost! I think I might pee myself!

SIX - You peed on me once when you were in diapers, kid. Once is all you're allowed. Do it again and I end you.

That's . . . probably not helping, Six.  



Six had some haunting company that night, in the form of Bart! HAI BART!



The former frenemies sat down on the couch together, Bart watching as Six attempted to pwn Need for Speed.



And continually distracting him with idle death-chit-chat.



SIX - Dood! You made me crash!

BART - Death is just a part of life, Six old boy. You should know this by now.

Passive-Aggressive Bart is passively aggressive.



I caught Pollux bawling one day after school . . . I have no idea why. I don't think I knew why 6 months ago, either. Totally random. I might venture a theory that he's upset his Genius trait doesn't seem to be working, if that chem lab is any indication.



POLLUX - I will not let my failures deter me! All the great scientific minds know that adversity is the breeding-ground of innovation!

Whatever you say, sweetie. Just try not to blow yourself up and die before the heir-vote, kay?



Lookit! Bellatrix got her very first acting award! I think it's called a Simmy (Emmy)? At any rate, I put it on it's own pedestal out in the front room beneath one of the paintings her sister did long ago that reminds me of Bells. In my own little fantasy-land, it IS Bellatrix. :P



Communal bonding for the teens! This might seem like Jelly Bean is the only studious one at first glance, but in actuality everyone else already finished their homework. She took forever figuring out how to sit down, so got a late start. XD



Suddenly . . . NEW TOWN! I don't particularly enjoy Starlight Shores, I think it's my least favorite 'hood so far. So, for various reasons, I decided to move the Pollinations to Lucky Palms instead! It's the closest we've got to Strangetown so far, and aliens need desert environs to truly flourish . . . .

All the ghosts made the trip, and some of the spares did as well though their relationships are broken and they're not part of the tree anymore technically . . . so . . . we'll have to keep a sharp eye out to avoid incest down the road. O_o



Since school doesn't start until tomorrow and the teens have a free day, I decided to send them out and about and explore the 'hood a bit.



They ended up in a lot I can't remember the name of, but it's some sort of hangout spot. There wasn't much to do there except dance to the wall-speakers, but luckily the girls are Party-Animals and this is right up their ally.



Gettin' their boogy down.



The only other person that showed up was this random teen . . . who stood there and watched them dance while thinking of himself. Not creepy at all . . . . *backs away slowly*



Technically they're on a double-date, so I'm sure to spam the romantic stuff.



Both couples are rather adorable.



Next stop is the theater to catch the afternoon show. Patches manages to arrive first, leaving the rest of them in the dust.



Jelly Bean, Castor and Pollux pull up the rear.



After the movie, it's time for dinner at the 24-hour diner!



Both dates were smashing successes, so the kids hurry home before they're picked up by the curfew police. I arrive back on the lot just in time to see this . . . .

Who's haunting the Rubber Duckie?



Wow Six . . . wow . . . . street cred is officially gone.

SIX - I have absolutely no idea what you're taking about.

Suuuuure you don't. I'm on to you, buddy.



Being Neurotic, Castor gets lots of 'I wanna clean this* wishes. Since the maid is fail half the time, I indulge his desires. This is also a shameless excuse to show off his jammies, a pair of boxers and bunny slippers. Pollux has similar attire.



Bellatrix is still hard at work, having hit Lead Actress now. One more promotion and one more celeb star level. C'mon sweetie, you can do it!

I also notice that she's taking a lot of sciencey roles lately . . . channeling Grandpa Seven much?



POLLUX - I think this house would benefit greatly from a couple of desks. That way we wouldn't have to do our homework at the dining room table all the time.

PATCHES - Do you not want to do homework with me? Are you trying to say you don't want to see me anymore? You're breaking up with me aren't you!

POLLUX - Wait, wat? . . . How did this conversation get away from me?

Welcome to teenage female hormones.  



Patches and Pollux did not break up, however. After homework they actually went outside to do some stargazing before bedtime.



CASTOR - She's so pretty when she's frustrated . . . .

JB - Cas, maybe you could help me with this instead of being a creeper?



Do not be fooled, however. Jelly Bean and Castor ALSO rolled wishes to do some stargazing before bedtime. These two couples are seriously in to each other . . . .



Which brings me to quite the pickle . . . . when I started this generation, Seasons hadn't come out yet. But now it has . . . and the Pollinations NEEEEEEED real Alien DNA in the bloodline. Normally I'd just keep the IFs and try for next generation, but I've read that having any occult DNA will cancel out the ability to learn alien abilities.

So . . . I've compromised. The space rocks and the telescope have been placed. The boys have roughly 5 more days of their teen life-stage. If I can lure and befriend an alien in that time, then whoever wins heirship will be getting an alien spouse. If not, they'll stick with their teen IF sweethearts.



In other news, in my mission to get my wood-burning stove from Monte Vista to work (spoiler, still broken), I FINNAALLLYYYYY got my sauna working again. Six is QUITE the fan of the hydrotherapy.



Six . . . seriously, man. Your bad@ss reputation is going straight down the toilet.

SIX - What's that, Mr. Ducky? We still have contacts in the living-world that can cause 'accidents?' What an accurate and meaningful observation.

..... Duly noted.



And then the papp came around back to boo Six. And oh snap, he just put down the ducky . . . sh*t's about to get srs . . . .



I still plan to keep the family tree updated, but I might not bother as much with spare age-up updates. But I had to include these, because they're Scorpini babies!

Scorpius and Gemini's eldest son Arcturus is now a Young Adult.



And their second-born son Bootes is now a teenager.



Thanks for reading everybody!! Again, soooooo sorry for the humongous delay. Hopefully we won't have another one of those . . . or if we do, it won't be for quite a while to come. Hope you enjoyed, see you next time!

________________________

STATS TIME!

Generations - 4
LTWs Complete - 4
Portraits - 12
100,000 Simoleons Earned - 3
100,000 Aspiration Points Earned - 6
Skill Challenges Complete - 0

Total = 29 Points


3 comments:

  1. The IFs are cute but it would be awesome to actually have some alien DNA. Yay for the update. Six and Bart on the couch made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoooow, I love the IF girls but I reeeaaaalllllyyyyy want real Alien in the bloodline. We'll see how it goes. Six and Bart are so frenemy it's not even funny, lolol. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. OMG I miss them soooo much ;-;! Yay for updates whenever! <333 And what an update, I am happy to see the boys doing their thing and impressing the girls. Not sure who I adore more at this point! And the ghosts, I am glad I got to see the ghosts it feels like it's been forever! As for alien blood... perhaps you can tweak the girls?! Iunno if you'd allow yourself to do it but maybe to change them into aliens? But of course with Seasons out now... you could always go that route. ;)!

    ReplyDelete