Friday, January 25, 2013

3.11 Festival or Bust

Lookie-loo! We're back again for another quick-fire chapter of Pollination : Mission Statement! I'm eager to get Gen 3 finished and Gen 4 started, and this will be that final chapter. 

Let's get right into the thick of things, shall we? Patches will start us off today by dancing the Smustle (and on a full moon no less, hence the funky glow/glare). I was going to have Jelly Bean join her, but I think she was in dire need of a potty. And then I forgot.   :<



Meanwhile Pollux continues to work on his logic skill, fiddling with the Chem table.



Seriously, Poll? . . . You're a GENIUS. I have never seen a sim blow themselves up as much as you do . . .

POLLUX - There are no mistakes! Only stepping-stones to greatness! . . . and new eyebrows. S'cuse me while I go pencil some in . . .

Poor bb.



SEBEN!!! <3 Being a full moon, we get several ghostly visitors that night. Our adorkable founder is one of them.



His daughter and heir, Cassiopeia is another. HAI Cassi!! :3



The next day at work, our CURRENT heir Bellatrix is awarded the Green Globe award. She's getting quite the collection going. ^_~



I took pity on Pollux and let him earn his logic away from the chemistry table. He starts searching the galaxy instead, as I'm hoping this might nudge along a certain VISITATION. This to go along with our veritable garden of space rocks that Bellatrix and Comet have been finding in their spare time.



He got a notification that he spotted a meteor falling. I've heard tell that you might meet aliens that way, so off he speeds despite it being way after curfew.



Alas, no aliens. Another space rock for the collection though. Pollux also manages to high-tail it back home before he's picked up by the cops as well. Despite his sudden fascination for the pool near-by . . .



BELLATRIX - I tell ya Cen, you can make my dual-hearts beat double time.

CENTARUS - *swoon*

Bells needs charisma for her promotions and Centarus needs some fun after slaving away all day writing books . . . it's a symbiotic relationship of win.



Interestingly enough, Centarus came down with a 'cold' at about this time. Or at least I assume it was a cold. He got a negative moodlet that lasted for 2 days saying he was feeling under the weather and was possibly contagious. Other than infecting Bellatrix (for obvious reasons) and Pollux (for unknown ones), it didn't do much more than that, though. If that's all there is to being sick now, I am disappoint. D:



Six is probably my most common specter-ly visitor, lately. Especially with the spa. The former Evil Mastermind enjoys a relaxing mud-bath . . .



Followed by an indulgent steam.



Moving right along, the next day after work I sent Bellatrix to the Science Lab to partner into and then buy it out. I had nearly 200k simoleons in the bank that needed to go somewhere. It was HAILING, but this townie had no f*cks to give about it.



Hours later, the Lucky Palms science lab became #7's Facility of Science Discovery. Since there was a paparazzi out front I let Bellatrix hang around for a moment or two afterward, getting photographed. Hoping that would help her celebrity status along . . . .



The next afternoon, look who came home with the teens! It's Bootes Pollination! Unfortunately he only stayed for, like, ten sim minutes before saying he had somewhere else he had to be (probably a part-time job) and left. 

I love how they're all running in formation in this shot though. :P Teen Flying V - GO!!!



Again, he's stressed, she's sleepy . . . win-win. Cenatrix 4evar.



On the weekend I'd planned to let the family go to the Summer Festival, but it literally rained ALL DAY on BOTH DAYS. One of the downsides to having weather in the Sims, getting your outdoor plans unexpectedly ruined . . . oh well, Monday is Leisure Day so they'll still be able to go before our rash of birthdays.

So instead of outdoor summer activities, the household settles in for some entertainment inside. After breaking the tub, Castor nominates himself to start working on his handiness skill . . . .



Then it was out front to enjoy a plate of pancakes for breakfast . . .

JELLY BEAN - You know, whoever becomes the spouse of next generation will probably end up having a ton of babies.

PATCHES - *person person plus* That's fine, I love babies!

CASTOR - Just keep looking forward, no direct eye-contact . . .




Jelly Bean went on to play with Comet in her lap, which I've never seen before. VERY cute. Patches is brushing up on her cooking skill for lack of anything else better to do.


Since it was raining and I didn't want to risk sim-death, it was back to the chem lab for Pollux and . . . OMG!!! Pollux! Is that---?!

POLLUX - Hellz yeah, bb! Imaginary Metamorphium Potion!

Woohoo! You're only . . . two weeks late with that but . . . yay for effort!

POLLUX -   > :



Pollux and Castor have had wishes locked in to be each others' BFF for their entire teen life-stage. Unfortunately . . . I'm not entirely sure how to go about that. So when they were both not busy, I sent them to friendly-spam to see what would happen.

Pollux opens things up the right way by belching right in Castor's face. Wow, nice Poll. I forget he's a Slob sometimes.



They decided to kick things off with an intense game of Rock Paper Scissors.





Castor was so adorable, he looked completely confused the entire time and yet somehow managed to whip the pants off of his twin in every single round.



Luckily Pollux wasn't a sore loser, and they bro-hugged it out afterward. Unfortunately, I never did get the option to become BFFs. I'll have to look that up later I suppose.



Bellatrix decides to experiment with one of the newer recipes from Supernatural, I think. Some sort of curry.



Our bawse heiress is successful.



I LOL'd when I caught poor Centarus having this reaction after he'd finished eating it, though.



CENTARUS - Oh, watch out dearest! I seem to have belched fire at you.

BELLATRIX - I noticed, sweetie. You're drawing my eyebrows back in later.

CENTARUS - Yes, dear.



After they went to bed, I suddenly got the notification that Bellatrix has reached the top of stardom? . . . How is that even . . . no, you know what? I'm not gonna question it. -_-* 5 stars is 5 stars. All she needs now is that final promotion!



Monday was Leisure Day, and I thought that meant sims get the day off from school and work, but my family still had to go? I was not pleased, especially after having been rained out all weekend. Still, as soon as school was out, the kids got sent across the street to the festival park.

No, no, Patches. Put that homework away. And no, Pollux, no computers for you! It's time to have oodles of summer-related FUN dammit.



First up was a couple vs. couple game of water balloon fighting. I was rather amused by the teams, since I didn't necessarily pick them. They separated that way on their own.



Meanwhile Centarus was starving, so he ordered himself a heaping plate of chili cheese fries.



Castor and Jelly Bean moved on to the horse-shoe game, though JB is apparently starting to feel mighty hungry her own self.



As soon as Bellatrix got off work she headed over to the park as well. Her first order of business was the skating rink, though that might not have been the best idea for a clumsy sim . . .



Actually she was pretty good at it, no doubt thanks to her athletic trait. Centarus joined her after he'd finished his fries, and they skated together. Dawwww. <3



Pollux wanted to enter an eating contest, so I let him. Patches and Castor joined in.



Jelly Bean, Centarus and Bellatrix gather 'round to watch. Centarus is quite excited, Jelly Bean seems confused, while I think Bells is just straight-up disgusted.



PATCHES - Lawl, I'm done.

Uuuuh, no you're not? There's still a full plate--well, a full pile of hot-dogs there in front of you, sweetie . . .



Pollux was the first to clear his plate, while Patches continued to stand there bored, and poor Castor looked two seconds away from horking up what he had managed to eat.



And the winner is . . . ! . . . Patches?!

PATCHES - Kekeke, told you!

POLLUX - . . . I'm confused?

You and me both. O_o Also, you can stop now Cas, sweetie. The contest is over. Amazingly none of them got nauseous. You know who did? Centarus. D: Apparently chili cheese fries do not sit well on his tum-tum.



But enough of that! The actual reason why I wanted to come to the festival is to have a nice, fun, DIFFERENT venue for our current heiress to have her birthday! I was going to use cakes for the occasion, but they can't be placed on picnic tables? Ghey. So we had to wait til 10:30pm when the transition happened on its own.

Jelly Bean is on her way to go set off some fireworks in celebration. And also, proof behind Bells that there were other townies there. Just not many. -_-



Bellatrix Pollination aged up successfully and gracefully into her elder state. I redyed her hair because . . . leading Actress 5-Star Celebrity? Ain't no way she's goin' grey, :P



Since Bells and Centarus are the same age, it was soon his turn to age up as well.



Aww, he makes a kyoot elder as well!

After that, it was back to the home lot . . .



Because it's after midnight, and that means it's now the twins' birthdays! Time to get the next generation officially STARTED! Can you feel the excitement? Can you?!? FEEEEEL IT!



The family gathers around to celebrate while Cas goes right for the candles and Pollux ponders a moment on what he should wish for.



All too soon, their transitions were made! I give you dear readers, young adult Castor Pollination! In honor of his recent plumbing, I gave him Handy for his final trait and locked in the Jack of All Trades LTW.



And not to be out done, here we have young adult Pollux Pollination! He rolled Perfectionist for his final trait, and I locked in Word Renowned Surgeon for his LTW.



The IFs were also aged up (with the help of MC, I didn't feel like two more cake-ings). Jelly Bean rolled Loves the Heat for her final trait, and locked in Rock Star for her LTW.



And finally, lastly but not leastly, little miss Patches has become a young adult as well. She got the Natural Cook trait for her final, and locked in the Surrounded by Family LTW.



And it is here, dear readers, that I must announce that there will be no heir poll for the next generation. As you've no doubt noticed, we never did get that alien visitation. *shakes fist at the Sim Heavens* Therefore the boys will be marrying their IF sweethearts, and I MUCH prefer Patches' genetics to Jelly Bean. Also, I really want to play the World Renowned Surgeon LTW, I haven't tried it since base game.

And so, sorry to any Castor fans, but Pollux Pollination is officially our heir for Generation Four! His story officially begins next time on Pollination : Mission Statement! Hope to see you there!

_______________________


STATS TIME!

Generations - 4
LTWs Complete - 4
Portraits - 12
100,000 Simoleons Earned - 3
100,000 Aspiration Points Earned - 8
Skill Challenges Complete - 0

Total = 31 Points

5 comments:

  1. Both boys were handsome so I'm okay with you deciding. Nice wrap up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo, glad you approve! ^_^ Thankies! And thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Yaaay! P&P :D I love it. So excited for the next generation and their babies!! Great update :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaay, I'm excited tooo. :D Thanks for readies and commenting! :P

      Delete
  3. Awww I wish Poll had Cas's genetics... I mean he's like a hot male version of Bell! It's all good though, because I love Patches' genetics as well! So yayay can't wait to see the next gen!

    I am so happy we got to see some Seasons stuff, and lammmme-o on no invasion. :( At least there hasn't been any zombie invasions that I can see! <3 Sims holidays make me giggle... and it's gheeeey that they won't let you have the holiday actually off!

    Anyway great update hon! <3

    ReplyDelete