Thursday, June 6, 2013

4.4 Pollinating the Pollinations

Welcome back everybody for yet another exciting episode of Pollination : Mission Statement! . . . well, an episode, at least.

Last time our third-gen heiress Bellatrix and her imprinted mate/husband Centarus both died within sim-hours of each other. Now that they were gone, our current heir Pollux and his imprinted mate/wife Patches moved into the master bedroom suite.



Thus allowing the eldest twins Lyra and Vega to redecorate and move into their old bedroom.



SEEEEVEEEEEEN! *flail*

SEVEN - Are you . . . really going to do that every time I show up?

. . . probably. XD



The girls enjoy themselves a nice breakfast at the bar together. Grape cobbler vs fruit parfait . . .



Pollux does what he can to help out with the babies before he has to run off to work. As you can see from his wardrobe, he's made it to the Resident level of the medical career track.



Luckily all Rigel and Regulus need at this point is to be let out of the crib and fed. After that they're perfectly happy to entertain themselves.



Meanwhile Patches is becoming super-mom, doing her best to get the triplets' life skills taught. Auriga's walking is coming along nicely.



As is her potty training, while her trip-brothers play with the skill toys. Meanwhile the middle twins play and plot at the block table . . .

REGGIE - We must sabatoge their food, Wigel. It's the onwy way.

RIGEL - Maybe if I shove dis blue block up their noses?

REGGIE - I like dis idea!

ALGOL - . . . wat?

ALTAIR - Circle block . . . goes in da circle hole . . . . *intense concentration*



Daww, Genius dad and Genius daughter enjoying some time together. Pollux was working on his medical journals while Lyra just had the wish to read and finish a book.



Six is still my most active ghost, and his favorite thing is still the hydrotherapy and the rubber-duckie. I think it's his Mastermind Plot Buddy.



The next morning it was time for the middle twins to join their elder sisters in childhood. First up was the eldest, Rigel.



Ta-dah! Rigel successfully aged up, rolling the Inappropriate trait. Being an Insane Eccentric as well, he's using his clothes to embrace his alien-hybrid heritage.



Next up was Regulus!

MAID - . . . didn't we just have a birthday?

Welcome to a Legacy House. It's a birthday every other day.



Regulus also successfully aged up . . . with the Evil trait. Grumpy and Evil to go along with his Loves the Heat . . . oh dear.

REGGIE - . . . I feel an evil plot forming . . . and it has lava in it . . . yeeeesssss . . .



The day happened to be a holiday, so the kids got to use the day for free entertainment. Lyra went right for the pond that I built in the backyard to exercise her Angler trait.



Rigel made a beeline for the inventing table I bought him.



Vega . . . was having an OCD breakdown about the filled toddler potties until I let her clean them.



While Regulus checked out his and Rigel's newly decorated bedroom.

REGGIE - Crossed swords over my bed? . . . I approve of this decision! :D



Then the naughty little monster went into the nursery to antagonize his unsuspecting baby brother. Right in front of his parents, too, which might not have been the best idea . . . .

With the day off for the holiday, Pollux got chained to the nursery to help Patches with the triplets' skills.



REGGIE - C'mon Algol! I just wanna give you a hug!

ALGOL - Yay hugs!



REGGIE - *swipe* Psyche! Aaaah, the rewards of evil . . .

I want to be mad at him . . . but he looks so forking CUTE! Reggie is trying really hard to become my favorite, and largely succeeding so far.



ALGOL - Hey! What the crap!!!! He just stole my lolly and you thought it was CUTE?!?!?

Uuum . . . uh . . . babies shouldn't have lollypops anyway. XD *shifty-eyes*



Since there are so many kids in this generation I decided to build them a little playground out back. Vega and Regulus went straight for the rocket spring-riders.

REGGIE - Bwuahahahahah! From my space rocket I shall reign terror and chaos throughout the cosmos!

VEGA - . . . you are SO weird. When we go to school tomorrow, I don't know you. Are we clear?



Regulus decided to challenge Lyra to a game of hopscotch.

LYRA - No Reg, you're supposed to AVOID the spot that has the rock on it. This game is gonna go really fast if you can't remember that . . . .

REGGIE - Ugh!



Up above them, Vega and Rigel were having fun in the space-ship tree house (noticing a theme yet? :P )



Alien children searching for aliens . . . this never gets old.



LYRA - I sure miss gramma.

REGGIE - Stop stalling and take your turn, Ly. 

Since Rigel and Regulus were still toddlers when their grandparents died, they have no real effs to give about it. Lyra and Vega are still mourning them, but luckily that moodlet is almost over with.



And what are the youngest up to? SKILLING! . . . a whole lot of repetitive skilling that I didn't bother taking very many pictures of. Just be aware that they all eventually learned everything they'd need thanks to two parents with the Family-Oriented trait.


Rigel's playtime got cut short when he suddenly came down with a severe case of allergies and had to go to the hospital for an immunization.

RIGEL - I can't . . . feel my face . . . ughhhh . . . .



Since it was getting dark the other kids went inside to continue their fun.

REGGIE - Hah! Take THAT Mario! Eat FLAME BALLS!

LYRA - . . . you DO know that you're supposed to keep Mario alive, right?

REGGIE - Where's the fun in that? I'm helping Bowser! He's CLEARLY the hero of the story.

LYRA - . . . idiot.



RIGEL - Brushy, brushy, brushy, brushy . . .

He's not Neurotic, but he acts like it sometimes with his oddball wishes. Randomly deciding he needed to brush his teeth.

RIGEL - I'm giving my incisors and bicuspids a work-out! Who knows when they'll need to defend me from the Space-Bargles!

. . . have you been talking to Wysteria Wood?



Hey Pol? Something wrong?

POLLUX - *sigh* Duty calls. I just got called in.

Aww, poor guy. He'd only gotten about an hour of sleep.

PATCHES - . . . a storm is coming . . . .



Aaaand, he's off! Wardrobe change confirms that he managed to snag another promotion to Trauma Surgeon though, so yay! One step closer to the LTW.



And now that I don't NEED alien visitors, they've decided to start showing up regularly now. -_-* This one was a cute little doddering elder alien though, so he gets a free pass from my annoyance.



ALIEN - I . . . I just don't get it. Why do they cultivate these white-topped weeds so close to their dwelling?

. . . they're daisies, sir. Seriously, they ALL go and examine the daisies along the front walk. Every time.



I heard some noise while everyone else was asleep, and discovered this little cutie at our fishing pond. This just happens to be Castor and Jelly Bean's son, Sagittarius.



Inside, plots were being hatched . . .

REGGIE - So, listen Rigel. I'm going to become the evil overlord of Lucky Palms once I'm old enough, and I'm going to need a loyal minion to help me pull off all of my diabolical plans. With my evil genius and your insane inventions, we'd be unstoppable! What d'ya say?!

RIGEL - . . . hmm . . . okay! Sounds fun!

Oh dear . . .



CENTARUS - Hey, when did we get this car?

Just now! Patches got a Mini Cooper, even though she barely leaves the house.

CENTARUS - But, but . . . I never got a car!  :<

That's because you NEVER left the house . . .



After some fishing Sagittarius let himself inside for a potty break and a quick snack, which gives us a chance to get a better look at him. Despite his father having blue skin and red eyes Sag still somehow managed to get the purple.



Lyra is trying to get some early-morning fishing done . . . but Reggie has 'other' plans.



REGGIE - BWAAAAARGH!

LYRA - . . . does he really think I didn't see him back there? *sigh* Still, I better play along or he's gonna keep at it all morning . . . .



LYRA - *overly dramatic* Oh! OH MY PLUMBOBS my heart! I've nearly succumbed to cardiac distress!

REGGIE - Hehehe. Nailed it.



Centarus was still hanging around, meditating in the study long after he was supposed to go back to his grave. I think I had to reset him.

CENTARUS - But I'm trying to find Zen!


That night after school, Reggie decided to get in some practice for his eventual world domination. Some were more willing to cooperate than others . . .

REGGIE - Before you sit down at this table you must pay homage to my greatness!

RIGEL - My lord!

LYRA - Get a life.

VEGA - And stop dressing up like a dork.



REGGIE - I see I have a duo of potential nemesis' already! If you think to challenge my rule, be prepared for the fight of your lives, you do-gooder morons!

VEGA - Call me a moron one more time and I'm telling mom.



Lyra and Vega left soon after that, and then Rigel suddenly decided that playing King looked and sounded like a bunch of fun.

REGGIE - Rigel . . . WHAT are you doing?!

POLLUX - All hail king Rigel!

RIGEL - Hehehe, yay! This King stuff really IS a lot of fun!



REGGIE - . . . already, a backstabbing betrayal from my loyal minion and a struggle for power within my evil dominion . . . This needs must be dealt with immediately . . . .

RIGEL - Yay! I'm the KING OF THE WORLD!

REGGIE - JUDAS!



Rigel got bored of that game eventually, though, and wandered downstairs into the basement mausoleum to consider the Pollinations that had come before him.

RIGEL - Hmm . . . so this is called the 'Spares Wall.' Is this where I'll end up eventually?

Well, you're a clone of your daddy so I'm leaning toward yes . . . but your insanity might make you a Dark Horse so it's still anyone's game at this point.



Regulus tried to mastermind plots with Lyra. She was unnamused.

LYRA - Get lost, loser.

REGGIE - This slight will be remembered.



Oh yah, the babies? Still skillin. :P On their own now, though. They've all been taught to walk and talk and are potty trained.



GRIM - I'm here for your SOUL!!!!

Wat! No! there are no elder sims in this house!!! Who the heck do you think you're here to reap?!?!?!



COMET - . . . why is everybody suddenly standing around staring at me?

. . . oh. D: I'd forgotten that Comet was an elder puppy.



REGGIE - AHAHAHAHAH! Death AMUSES me!

LYRA - Moooooooom! Regulus is laughing at Comet dying!

MAID - Oh dear! Not another one! Can't I get through one work day without somebody dying or having a birthday?!



Grim picked up Comet and she wasn't terribly pleased with that development.

COMET - Whoa, hands off buddy! I don't know you! 

GRIM - I am the Grim Reaper, and it's time for you to make your way into the afterlife.

COMET - What?! No! I don't want to go!



GRIM - Ms. Bellatrix told me to inform you that she's missed her lap-buddy.

COMET - . . . my master is where we're going?

GRIM - Yep.

COMET - Oh, well then. Let's gtfo.



And with that Comet chased the stick off into the Great Beyond. Leaving all the kids utterly heartbroken AGAIN. Even Regulus, despite his earlier evil-cackle.



Comet got laid to rest in the mausoleum along the spares wall. I think all the future pets will do the same, until it gets annoying that is.



After that sadness, the kids needed some fun-time to take their minds off of it. Vega and Regulus challenged each other to a video game while Rigel watched.

VEGA - Hey, I was talking to daddy and he said that our grandpa and our great-grandpa and great-great grandpa all came from outer space! How cool is that?



RIGEL - Outer space?! But . . . that means we could ALL be infected with the Space Bargles!

LYRA - . . . don't worry, Rigel. We all got immunized at birth. We're safe from the bargles.

RIGEL - A-are you sure?

LYRA - Positive.

Aww, good-big-sis Lyra makin' sure her little brother doesn't have a mental break-down. And of COURSE her idea of fun is reading a pregnancy book. -_- Why do all of my genius kids try to ruin their childhoods?



RIGEL - Oh, Reggie, did you hear that Great-Grandpa Six was the Emperor of Evil before he died?

REGGIE - Of course! And it is in his memory that I aspire to do the same! Grandpa Six is my ROLE-MODEL!

Nobody tell him that Six wasn't really all that evil in life . . . it might break his little heart.



You know, more than it already is.

REGGIE - This isn't fair! I barely knew that stupid dog, why am I upset about it?!

Don't fight the feels, Reggie. Don't fight the feels.



Just Vega . . . trying out her IF strut.



RIGEL - I just asked mom and she said we didn't get shots for the bargles when we were babies!!! You guys LIED TO ME!

REGGIE - Rigel! Calm the fork down! There are no bargles, you're gonna be fine!

RIGEL - I'll remember you said that when I'm carving them out of your eyes with a spoon!

LYRA - *sigh* . . . how did we get stuck with these two for brothers?

VEGA - You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family . . . Rigel get out of the way so we can put up our supper dishes you dork!!!! 

A typical, loving afternoon in the Pollinations household . . . .



If you're wondering what our actual heir is up to, he works. A lot. And when he's not at the hospital he's playing with his Science skill. Here he is getting a DNA sample from a bug of some sort. 

Meanwhile his wife is taking care of babies, reading about cooking or passed out.



RIGEL - Oh Comet! I never even interacted with you but my heart, she weeps!

I actually took this picture to show off the cute little cow toy he just invented . . .



Vega was doing the maid's job.



Lyra was back at the fishing pond.



And Reggie was in the nursery, hard at work developing his plans for future world domination . . .



Bellatrix! You came for a visit!

BELLATRIX - Well of course, how else am I going to star in my next blockbuster film?

You're . . . still acting?

BELLATRIX - Like I'd let a little thing like death get in the way of my next Simmy award . . . .

Some things change, and some things they stay the same. :P



That's it for this round! Join us next time as the kids continue to get bigger and older, Pollux continues fighting his way up the medical career path and we get ever-closer to the half-way mark of this Pollinations Legacy. Until then, happy simming!
_____________________

STATS TIME!

Generations - 5
LTWs Complete - 7
Portraits - 14
100,000 Simoleons Earned - 5
100,000 Lifetime Happiness Points Earned - 8
Skill Challenges Complete - 1

Total = 40 Points





PREVIOUS                                                      NEXT

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I do love me some Pollinations!! Reggie...baaah I don't wanna pick faves yet, but he's making me!!! Wonderful update, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, Reggie is indeed sneaky like that. Not even a day into his child stage and he's already workin' hard on winning that heir poll. :P Thanks for reading!

      Delete